COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
Liam Payne

Why Do Swifties Drag KP For Lyrics But Not Their Fave?

2 minutes ago, Liam Payne said:

Many Swifties said that the reason why Katy Perry's new album Witness is shitty (beside bias) is that the lyrics are terrible, yet their fave Taylor with reputation has lyrics like 

"You're so gorgeous I can't say anything to your face 'cause look at your face and I'm so furious at you for making me feel this way"

"We met a few weeks ago now you try on callin' me baby, like tryin' on clothes"

"Is it cool that I said all that? Is it chill that you're in my head?"

tumblr_messaging_p0fmorelh51qiek1e_250.g

I could go all day... don't get me wrong, I like some bops on reputation but the lyrics are way too simple for y'all to preach her as a lyricist and be preaching her for writing her own songs like she should be proud of them or something, more than 50% of her stuff could be written by a 16-years-old teenager... thots?

tumblr_messaging_p0fmriuNRB1qiek1e_250.g

TEA HAS BEEN SPILLED EVERYWHERE tumblr_messaging_p0fmriuNRB1qiek1e_250.gtumblr_messaging_p0fmorelh51qiek1e_250.g:demilip:

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Nicki Minaj said:

We both know this isn't true. Pretty much every song on Witness has a different meaning :trisha3:

You could say the same for Reputation. They may be themed about relationships but they aren't the same meaning :trisha3:

Spoiler

I was showing I could say the same thing with the names reversed and it would sound the same.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

You could say the same for Reputation. They may be themed about relationships but they aren't the same meaning :trisha3:

But is it that different to what she's done in the past? :trisha3: Witness is a huge improvement from Prism when it comes to artistic expression :trisha3:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nicki Minaj said:

But is it that different to what she's done in the past? :trisha3: Witness is a huge improvement from Prism when it comes to artistic expression :trisha3:

Yes it is different to what she has done. Has she ever done a song like Dress before? Or ...Ready For It? Or LWYMMD? Or TIWWCHNT?

Witness sure had songs like CTTR which were different but it was still filled with sex, relationship and self-empowerment themes like her previous albums.

Every artist does recurring themes but both Taylucifer and Floppy have done variations on it.

:trisha3:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

...Ready For It?  Or TIWWCHNT?

For me, Rise kinda reminds me of RFI sonically

and Swish Swish is practically TIWWCHNT

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maren Swift said:

Taylor has never made a song full of food/sex puns. @ me when she does. :tayincourt:

A lot of the lyrics on BA are actually quite clever and show how Katy can stick to a theme throughout a song in her writing. It’s actually a positive showcase of her songwriting skills imo

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Destiny Hope said:

TEA HAS BEEN SPILLED EVERYWHERE tumblr_messaging_p0fmriuNRB1qiek1e_250.gtumblr_messaging_p0fmorelh51qiek1e_250.g:demilip:

Honestly, truly! Taylor is just cringey bad. Katy, yes her lyrics are cringey but I'd rather listen to Witness than Reputation any day

2 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

TIWWCHNT is trash just like Swish Swish so I can see that.

But I don't see the RisexRFI combo.

And I referring to Taylor not having done it before.:tayincourt:

Just now, ONIKA said:

A lot of the lyrics on BA are actually quite clever and show how Katy can stick to a theme throughout a song in her writing. It’s actually a positive showcase of her songwriting skills imo

not to mention how good the solo version is. it's really the feature that ruins the song.

the solo would've actually dominated radio for a while. i think she just wanted to cash in on that rapper feature trend :judgega:

sucks she had to do that 

Just now, Khris said:

not to mention how good the solo version is. it's really the feature that ruins the song.

the solo would've actually dominated radio for a while. i think she just wanted to cash in on that rapper feature trend :judgega:

sucks she had to do that 

BA solo is such a bop, Taylor could never

• Upvote 1