Jump to content
COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

DictatorIndie

Sorry white people, but trying too hard not to be racist is low-key kind of racist

Recommended Posts

Image may contain: Hair, Afro Hairstyle, Person, People, Human
by Katie Way

Don't get me wrong: it's great that white people care about racism now. That's nice for them, and it's totally sick to hear white guys tell me that they're into brown girls too when they try to get into my pants. 

And even though ending racism can seem like an impossible dream in a world where Nazis are a thing again and everyone expects me to care about anything related to Bella Thorne, at least diversity is a stated goal now. Progress! 

But sometimes, when white people try to be allies, the pendulum swings back into the wrong direction and shit gets straight up offensive. The Reductress headline "‘I Don’t See Color,’ Says White Guy Who Exclusively Dates Asian Women" is a textbook example of this phenomenon. 

This is another one. Do you see anything wrong with this picture?

Image may contain: Suit, Overcoat, Coat, Clothing, Person, People, Human

Besides the fact that Bon Appétit is a shitty song, I mean. 

Or this video? 

Adopting black slang when trying to appeal to a black audience is, unfortunately, kinda racist and definitely appropriative, even if you're doing it because you think it's cool or even (yikes) trying to make someone else feel more comfortable. 

Then there are white women who appreciate yoga a little bit too much, the kind who devote entire Instagram feeds to their "practice" and flood the #chakra hashtag. Or white students who take a spring break trip to Thailand and come back to school two weeks later rocking elephant pants and a big ol' Buddha tattoo, because Eastern religion is so much more chill

But we kind of know that stuff is bad now, right? Because white people are into busting racism now, and they're ready to point it out anywhere they see it, especially online, even when the people of color who they're supposedly defending don't really see… anything. 

When white people bend over backwards to "expose" Riverdale star Lili Reinhart for loving blackface when she really just wanted to dress up like a demon or get mad that Lena Dunham's baby on Girls wasn't actually Pakistani even though he was on air for literally 30 seconds and is also a fucking baby, it's not "woke." It's stupid, and you look stupid doing it. 

If you have to cite your sources in a bibliography to explain why a Selena Gomez music video is damaging to New Zealand's indigenous population even though you didn't know it wasn't a part of Australia until like two months ago, you need to calm down. 

Because here's the thing: people are kind of fucking stupid, and racism is particularly fucking stupid. And if white people over-saturate the racism market, nobody's going to care when an actual person of color asks not to be caricatured for a Halloween costume or, you know, not to get shot at by cops. 

Repeat after me, my sweet white ally: less is more! Amplify the actual concerns of people of color instead of getting mad about something irrelevant online for so your non-white friends know you're "one of the good ones."

And while we're at it, we can actually stop using "woke." Understanding that people of color experience racism every single day isn't a personality trait, it's common fucking sense. And if you're actually give a shit about people of color, you'll be cool with that.

https://babe.net/2017/12/01/sorry-white-people-but-trying-too-hard-not-to-be-racist-is-low-key-kind-of-racist-23405

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobs Vagene said:

I'm in an ANTI-Sjw group on facebook and someone posted this article in there...we all thought it was a joke and then we went and read it :lmfao:

Imagine actually taking time out of your day to write this bullshit article omfg get a life challenge :lmfao:

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp they dragged Katy to filth. The article raised some good points too, it's nothing too bizarre like most extreme SJW essays. The person writing seems like they have their head screwed on correctly and even gave out a tip, usually they just say "google is free" :heyhoney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, barbiej33p said:

Welp they dragged Katy to filth. The article raised some good points too, it's nothing too bizarre like most extreme SJW essays. The person writing seems like they have their head screwed on correctly and even gave out a tip, usually they just say "google is free" :heyhoney:

:penktina: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do make some good points though. 

Quote

When white people bend over backwards to "expose" Riverdale star Lili Reinhart for loving blackface when she really just wanted to dress up like a demon or get mad that Lena Dunham's baby on Girls wasn't actually Pakistani even though he was on air for literally 30 seconds and is also a fucking baby, it's not "woke." It's stupid, and you look stupid doing it. 

If you have to cite your sources in a bibliography to explain why a Selena Gomez music video is damaging to New Zealand's indigenous population even though you didn't know it wasn't a part of Australia until like two months ago, you need to calm down. 

The stuff about over saturating the racism market is stuff I've said on here before although I see it as watering the term 'racism' down . :nickieducating:

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

They do make some good points though. 

The stuff about over saturating the racism market is stuff I've said on here before although I see it as watering the term 'racism' down . :nickieducating:

That's what I got from reading the article as well :nickieducating:

And the person seemed like they wanted to get their points across without coming off too hostile or offensive towards whites or at least that's what I got from the article. Usually SJW's don't bat an eye before automatically claiming you are racist.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

Didn't you realise? Being born white is racist duh! :nickieducating:

According to sjws. 

 

37 minutes ago, Bobs Vagene said:
Image may contain: Hair, Afro Hairstyle, Person, People, Human
by Katie Way

Don't get me wrong: it's great that white people care about racism now. That's nice for them, and it's totally sick to hear white guys tell me that they're into brown girls too when they try to get into my pants. 

And even though ending racism can seem like an impossible dream in a world where Nazis are a thing again and everyone expects me to care about anything related to Bella Thorne, at least diversity is a stated goal now. Progress! 

But sometimes, when white people try to be allies, the pendulum swings back into the wrong direction and shit gets straight up offensive. The Reductress headline "‘I Don’t See Color,’ Says White Guy Who Exclusively Dates Asian Women" is a textbook example of this phenomenon. 

This is another one. Do you see anything wrong with this picture?

Image may contain: Suit, Overcoat, Coat, Clothing, Person, People, Human

Besides the fact that Bon Appétit is a shitty song, I mean. 

Or this video? 

Adopting black slang when trying to appeal to a black audience is, unfortunately, kinda racist and definitely appropriative, even if you're doing it because you think it's cool or even (yikes) trying to make someone else feel more comfortable. 

Then there are white women who appreciate yoga a little bit too much, the kind who devote entire Instagram feeds to their "practice" and flood the #chakra hashtag. Or white students who take a spring break trip to Thailand and come back to school two weeks later rocking elephant pants and a big ol' Buddha tattoo, because Eastern religion is so much more chill

But we kind of know that stuff is bad now, right? Because white people are into busting racism now, and they're ready to point it out anywhere they see it, especially online, even when the people of color who they're supposedly defending don't really see… anything. 

When white people bend over backwards to "expose" Riverdale star Lili Reinhart for loving blackface when she really just wanted to dress up like a demon or get mad that Lena Dunham's baby on Girls wasn't actually Pakistani even though he was on air for literally 30 seconds and is also a fucking baby, it's not "woke." It's stupid, and you look stupid doing it. 

If you have to cite your sources in a bibliography to explain why a Selena Gomez music video is damaging to New Zealand's indigenous population even though you didn't know it wasn't a part of Australia until like two months ago, you need to calm down. 

Because here's the thing: people are kind of fucking stupid, and racism is particularly fucking stupid. And if white people over-saturate the racism market, nobody's going to care when an actual person of color asks not to be caricatured for a Halloween costume or, you know, not to get shot at by cops. 

Repeat after me, my sweet white ally: less is more! Amplify the actual concerns of people of color instead of getting mad about something irrelevant online for so your non-white friends know you're "one of the good ones."

And while we're at it, we can actually stop using "woke." Understanding that people of color experience racism every single day isn't a personality trait, it's common fucking sense. And if you're actually give a shit about people of color, you'll be cool with that.

https://babe.net/2017/12/01/sorry-white-people-but-trying-too-hard-not-to-be-racist-is-low-key-kind-of-racist-23405

This sounds like typical buzzfeed nonsense. The article was right about one thing people are stupid, as is the person who wrote this. I've always had a diverse group of friends I was raised to judge people as individuals. I don't know if they meant that a black person somewhere experiences racism everyday. From my own experience, I do not experience racism every single day, maybe they meant that a black person somewhere in the world does everyday I don't know.  

However, I've only experienced racism maybe once, but I don't even remember the incident, perhaps it's because I haven't gone out into the world yet really, outside of Los Angeles. This is why I hate sjws I'm not going to victimize myself because I'm black. If someone is racist then I'll call it out, as should everyone., as you should with any  important issue speak up and use your voice. But this person is choosing to see the world in such a paranoid way,  and making generalizations about an entire population is never good.

Sorry for the essay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bobs Vagene said:

I'm in an ANTI-Sjw group on facebook and someone posted this article in there...we all thought it was a joke and then we went and read it :lmfao:

There's this very reasonable anti-sjw youtuber that isn't biased, but I can't remember the name of her channel. When I do I'll let you know what it is, if you want that is.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×