The Return of CAL Read more... ×

bee

Who's the real female Michael Jackson? Taylor vs. Katy

Katy Perry's epithet among us music connoisseurs is "Female Michael Jackson" for being the second person to have 5 #1 singles from one album, second only to Michael. 

Taylor has never been called this, but I believe she deserves it. In 2016 she won the Taylor Swift Award. It was only the second time the BMI had created an award in an artist's name. The first was Michael Jackson in 1990.

I believe Katy was a one era MJ hence why she got an award just for the Teenage Dream era. Taylor is on her 11th year of longevity while Katy only lasted 9 and is over for good. So I believe Taylor deserves that name more than anyone else.

Who deserves it the most, COP?

tumblr_inline_nii0xgZQ721rz6vmu.gif eHkGhUi.jpg

627853771TM00050_Broadcast__724_1041_90_

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Galactic-tiger said:

I just think would make much more sense to compare them with the queen of pop instead, since MJ's career was already over by the beginning of 90s :shrug:

It's very easy to compare people to Michael because he was a very unimaginative and basic artist kind of like today's generation who made multiple gp friendly hits and was payola personified.

The only person I think is semi comparable to Madonna is Taylor.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, bee said:

It's very easy to compare people to Michael because he was a very unimaginative and basic artist kind of like today's generation who made multiple gp friendly hits and was payola personified.

The only person I think is semi comparable to Madonna is Taylor.

Oh, I get it :pika:

Spoiler

Btw beyonce and rihanna are the closest to madonna rn imo. Taylor still needs one more successful era imo or at least her next single got to be a smah hit xD

14 minutes ago, Galactic-tiger said:

beyonce and rihanna

How so? If we're going by bling, Taylor blankets them in terms of touring, longevity, consistent album sales.

Rihanna shouldn't even be brought up. I love her, but she is a singer, not an artist. She hasn't written the vast majority of her songs and has always been a singles girl.

If we're going by the music, Taylor has been acclaimed from the start of her career and was able to effortlessly change musical genres which is very Madonna.

I think Madonna is overall a better and more successful artist than Taylor despite me preferring Taylor's music more. They're still the most comparable.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bee said:

How so? If we're going by bling Taylor blankets them in terms of touring, longevity, consistent album sales.

Rihanna shouldn't even be brought up. I love her, but she is a singer, not an artist. She hasn't written the vast majority of her songs and has always been a singles girl.

If we're going by the music, Taylor has been acclaimed from the start of her career and was able to effortlessly change musical genres which is very Madonna.

Even then I think Madonna is overall a better and more successful artist than Taylor even if I prefer Taylor's music more, but they're still the most comparable.

Damn I keep forgetting that rihanna lacks talent, my bad. I was just thinking in terms of popularity coz she has a significant business OUTSIDE the music industry, in a similar way to madonna's (books, clothes, beauty industry etc). 

Also, I don't think many ppl would agree that Tay wins over Bey in touring, since the Formation tour was about to outsold the 1989 tour with fewer dates. 

Taylor has managed to reinvent her music and image successfully for how long, 3 era? I think Bey had more reinventions since her debut with the destiny's child, would u agree to that?

26 minutes ago, Adam said:

There is only one female Michael Jackson, and her name is JANET.

Exactly, one of them molested children and the other one is married to a molester. 

Jihad Fadson is definitely the closest to her brother. :clap: 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, bee said:

The most ridiculous thing I’ve ever fucking read on here. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Galactic-tiger said:

Also, I don't think many ppl would agree that Tay wins over Bey in touring, since the Formation tour was about to outsold the 1989 tour with fewer dates. 

If you look at the box office scores for the same locations during 1989/Formation Taylor outsold Beyonce. Examples include Ford Field in Detroit, Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, and Soldier Field in Chicago. Check the wikipedia for the other same venue and you will see that Taylor has outsold in every single venue they both played.

39 minutes ago, Galactic-tiger said:

Bey had more reinventions since her debut with the destiny's child, would u agree to that?

A reinvention is not the same as releasing a different song. Beyonce's audience for Dangerously In Love and Self Titled(beyonce) will be the same because she's done essentially the same genre, a mix of R&B/POP/URBAN. But compare Self Titled(Taylor Swift) to 1989 and audiences, in my opinion, are much different. Even if she is still selling to teen girls, they're different types of teen girls.

• Upvote 2