Jump to content
The Return of CAL Read more... ×

Miley Ray

Gorgeous is the most generic trash song to come out this year. Why?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Destiny Hope said:

Why is this song the most trash piece of crap released this year? Thoughts? :jan1:

You should hear any song from Younger Now

:wendy21:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More generic than Younger Now?

Quote

No one stays the same
You know what goes up must come down
Change is a thing you can count on
I feel so much younger now

The first three lines of the chorus are cliches. And she just repeats them over and over again.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Maren Swift said:

More generic than Younger Now?

The first three lines of the chorus are cliches. And she just repeats them over and over again.

Yes more generic than Younger Now because Taylor literally sounds so whiny and needy pining after some stupid boy like a middle school kid

:wendy21:

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Destiny Hope said:

Yes more generic than Younger Now because there Taylor literally sounds so whiny and needy pining after some stupid boy like a middle school kid

:wendy21:

 

Miley's lyrics sound like a middle schooler wrote it so I can see how you would know. :tayincourt:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Destiny Hope said:

Yes more generic than Younger Now because there Taylor literally sounds so whiny and needy pining after some stupid boy like a middle school kid

:wendy21:

 

Sis... that's the entire point of the song... she's writing as if she's stupidly young and crushing hard... it's MEANT to be immature... why do you think she has a baby's voice at the beginning... :wendy19:

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vendettaswift said:

Sis... that's the entire point of the song... she's writing as if she's stupidly young and crushing hard... it's MEANT to be immature... why do you think she has a baby's voice at the beginning... :wendy19:

Wow okay tea

 :wendy19:

Still in this stage of her career why would she bother writing something like that? 

I also saw the video of her in the process of writing it and it took her days but it's so generic sounding. 

:jan1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Destiny Hope said:

Still in this stage of her career why would she bother writing something like that? 

Because it's something she hasn't done before. This is a bit of a reach but it ties into theme of the album; She's forever been known as the immature girl who writes about girls, so she's kinda making a nod to that reputation in this song.

1 minute ago, Destiny Hope said:

I also saw the video of her in the process of writing it and it took her days but it's so generic sounding. 

Blame Max Martin and Shellbafk for that. It was definitely one of the first songs they made for the album so I think they were going for a 1989 style of sound but also trying to make something new and it didn't work. And all songs take days, especially when you write in little spurts like she did instead of just sitting down and getting it all out.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vendettaswift said:

Because it's something she hasn't done before. This is a bit of a reach but it ties into theme of the album; She's forever been known as the immature girl who writes about girls, so she's kinda making a nod to that reputation in this song.

Blame Max Martin and Shellbafk for that. It was definitely one of the first songs they made for the album so I think they were going for a 1989 style of sound but also trying to make something new and it didn't work. And all songs take days, especially when you write in little spurts like she did instead of just sitting down and getting it all out.

Wow come through with the tea and scorch me into oblivion! 

:wendy41:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Destiny Hope said:

I will admit I love the smart snake cult :taylucifer3: ya'll know how to find hidden meanings :taylucifer3: detective teas :taylucifer3:

There's still time for initiation if you wanna join :taylucifer3:

Spoiler

Don't forget to stream Younger Now btw

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vendettaswift said:

There's still time for initiation if you wanna join :taylucifer3:

  Hide contents

Don't forget to stream Younger Now btw

 

I might have to go back and listen to her albums, there's still some songs I haven't heard from her :taylucifer3:

Spoiler

UM ONLY EVERYDAY. EVERYONE TAKE NOTES. STREAM YOUNGER NOW. :nerdgirl:

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×