COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Miley Ray

Gorgeous is the most generic trash song to come out this year. Why?

19 minutes ago, Destiny Hope said:

Yes more generic than Younger Now because there Taylor literally sounds so whiny and needy pining after some stupid boy like a middle school kid

:wendy21:

Sis... that's the entire point of the song... she's writing as if she's stupidly young and crushing hard... it's MEANT to be immature... why do you think she has a baby's voice at the beginning... :wendy19:

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, vendettaswift said:

Sis... that's the entire point of the song... she's writing as if she's stupidly young and crushing hard... it's MEANT to be immature... why do you think she has a baby's voice at the beginning... :wendy19:

Wow okay tea

:wendy19:

Still in this stage of her career why would she bother writing something like that? 

I also saw the video of her in the process of writing it and it took her days but it's so generic sounding. 

:jan1:

Just now, Destiny Hope said:

Still in this stage of her career why would she bother writing something like that? 

Because it's something she hasn't done before. This is a bit of a reach but it ties into theme of the album; She's forever been known as the immature girl who writes about girls, so she's kinda making a nod to that reputation in this song.

1 minute ago, Destiny Hope said:

I also saw the video of her in the process of writing it and it took her days but it's so generic sounding. 

Blame Max Martin and Shellbafk for that. It was definitely one of the first songs they made for the album so I think they were going for a 1989 style of sound but also trying to make something new and it didn't work. And all songs take days, especially when you write in little spurts like she did instead of just sitting down and getting it all out.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, vendettaswift said:

Because it's something she hasn't done before. This is a bit of a reach but it ties into theme of the album; She's forever been known as the immature girl who writes about girls, so she's kinda making a nod to that reputation in this song.

Blame Max Martin and Shellbafk for that. It was definitely one of the first songs they made for the album so I think they were going for a 1989 style of sound but also trying to make something new and it didn't work. And all songs take days, especially when you write in little spurts like she did instead of just sitting down and getting it all out.

Wow come through with the tea and scorch me into oblivion! 

:wendy41:

• Upvote 1