The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
More over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

IsThatKingdieSlaying

Why doesn't Madonna have as many YouTube views as her contemporaries?

I think there are 2 reasons.

1- One is that Warner Bros keep moving her videos to the extent most old songs have more views under their unofficial uploads. 

2- Madonna is more famous than her songs. Like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston are famous for few of their iconic videos, I am sure there are many more people who know those songs than Carey or Houston. It's the exact opposite for Madonna. Everybody knows who Madonna is even if they do not know a single song of her. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CalixSpurius said:

I think there are 2 reasons.

2- Madonna is more famous than her songs. Like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston are famous for few of their iconic videos, I am sure there are many more people who know those songs than Carey or Houston. It's the exact opposite for Madonna. Everybody knows who Madonna is even if they do not know a single song of her. 

This is just absolutely insane to me. I think if you’re involved with and are a fan of pop culture and pop music then you should know at least a couple of songs by veteran pop artists. I find it so strange when people say they’ve never heard a Madonna song. 

Just now, Breakdown said:

Yes, AIWFCIY and IWALY both have 300M+. We Belong Together is close to that number too. 

cool as they should since they are their signature songs...on the other hand Bitch I'm Madonna is just the latest madonna's single....think about how many view would have gained iconic videos such as like a prayer if were not removed :wendy41:

Just now, Lemons said:

This is just absolutely insane to me. I think if you’re involved with and are a fan of pop culture and pop music then you should know at least a couple of songs by veteran pop artists. I find it so strange when people say they’ve never heard a Madonna song. 

ask @Tattooed Heart :wendy17:

Just now, Galactic-tiger said:

cool as they should since they are their signature songs...on the other hand Bitch I'm Madonna is just the latest madonna's single....think about how many view would have gained iconic videos such as like a prayer if were not removed :wendy41:

Do her videos really get removed that often? I've never noticed, and I doubt they'd remove the ones with lots of views. 

2 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I'd never heard a Madonna sung Madonna song until 2015 to be honest. 

• Upvote 2