COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Praise The Lorde

BTS made their big break in America but which K-Pop group/artist next?

they wont, their company doesnt care abt them

but i suppose exo or twice might be big next as it seems but i see pristin making it big because their music isnt that good and that might attract anyone to pretend to be a fan just because theyre kpop idk tho

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, EliteFourBrad said:

Until BTS gets a Top 40 hit, I don't consider them having their big break yet. Although their new song was predicted to go like #37 or something so it's coming?

If it debuts at #37 and then drops hard it is no better than Flop Harmony or Miley's recent lack of chart success. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Taylor Chen said:

Big break in america? Sis by 2018 they will be forgotten. In the real world (America, Canada and England) no one talks or knows about BTS

While I agree that these are obviously very big music industries, people need to quit acting like these are the only places to "make it".

BTS has been big all over the world EXCEPT for the US GP bc we're all ignorant here and don't listen to other forms of pop.

South Korea and South America have pretty big industries.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, quin said:

While I agree that these are obviously very big music industries, people need to quit acting like these are the only places to "make it".

BTS has been big all over the world EXCEPT for the US GP bc we're all ignorant here and don't listen to other forms of pop.

Well said. :clap:

45 minutes ago, quin said:

However, for what it's worth, I saw a number of American BTS, fans at the AMAS, not as many Korean fans, but a good amount, like a couple of 30 year old women. My cousin who won the  tickets is a fan too, I hadn't realized, but I did remember her mentioning that she was going to a K pop concert in August, or September.  She even has one of these light sticks. But it's true about people tending not to venture into music outside of their sphere or genre.

LwtNac5.jpg

1 minute ago, KnightofCrescentLovatic said:

However, for what it's worth, I saw a number of American BTS, fans at the AMAS, not as many Korean fans, but a good amount, like a couple of 30 year old women. My cousin who won the  tickets is a fan too, I hadn't realized, but I did remember her mentioning that she was going to a K pop concert in August, or September.  She even has one of these light sticks. But it's true about people tending not to venture into music outside of their sphere or genre.

LwtNac5.jpg

KPOP has gotten pretty big in the last couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if it impacted the US even more in the coming future :wendy3:

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2017 at 10:44 PM, Bobs Vagene said:

Literally no one knows who BTS are though. I think people thought they were a paid advertisement at the AMAs for electronics :tehe: 

“no one knows who they are” theyve sold millions, have had a hot100 hit (about to have 2 with micdrop debuting in the top 25) sooo

• Upvote 2