The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×
Move over Eurovision! COPvision is back! Read more... ×

IsThatKingdieSlaying

Is Tove Lo done? Her new album debuted at...

Is Tove Lo done?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is Tove Lo done?

• Yeah tbh
    • No she'll make a comeback

I disagrih. Any Tove fan would know how much she vastly improved from her first record. Alot of yall looked over Lady Wood because it had that generic tropical house feel to it but i promise you if you liked Cool Girl or Talking Body then you know this bitch has TALENT and it should not be dismissed because of this horrid number. Yes Blue Balls was underwhelming and yes it flopped but the bitch delivered song of the year with Disco T**s and thats just tea. 

Yes that is my biased opinion but on a more serious note, she is more than what everyone makes her out to be. She knows how to write a pop song, she can easily create a bop with either her melodies sticking out or the production, not many pop stars use their beat as a key element but Tove knows how to create a club bop while not letting it overpower her lyrics. She is excxactly what we need right now in the pop industry, a sex symbol with controversial lyrics and excellent production under her belt :twerk:

And i would hate to see her get dragged for her image because it would be hypocritical to give Carly Rae Jepsen a platform for having quality music yet a stale popstar image but dismiss Tove for hers when their music is equally brilliant in their own sub genres. No shade.

Spoiler

And while were on Carly lets remember Emotion underperformed as well but achieved a massive cult following due to the critical acclaim. My point here is that you won't see Tove getting love from the gays anytime soon because lets face it you all pretty much hate her. And unless you actually did listen to Tove's discography please dont come for me :trisha:

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

I disagrih. Any Tove fan would know how much she vastly improved from her first record. Alot of yall looked over Lady Wood because it had that generic tropical house feel to it but i promise you if you liked Cool Girl or Talking Body then you know this bitch has TALENT and it should not be dismissed because of this horrid number. Yes Blue Balls was underwhelming and yes it flopped but the bitch delivered song of the year with Disco T**s and thats just tea. 

Yes that is my biased opinion but on a more serious note, she is more than what everyone makes her out to be. She knows how to write a pop song, she can easily create a bop with either her melodies sticking out or the production, not many pop stars use their beat as a key element but Tove knows how to create a club bop while not letting it overpower her lyrics. She is excxactly what we need right now in the pop industry, a sex symbol with controversial lyrics and excellent production under her belt :twerk:

And i would hate to see her get dragged for her image because it would be hypocritical to give Carly Rae Jepsen a platform for having quality music yet a stale popstar image but dismiss Tove for hers when their music is equally brilliant in their own sub genres. No shade.

Reveal hidden contents

And while were on Carly lets remember Emotion underperformed as well but achieved a massive cult following due to the critical acclaim. My point here is that you won't see Tove getting love from the gays anytime soon because lets face it you all pretty much hate her. And unless you actually did listen to Tove's discography please dont come for me :trisha:

sorry, but QOTC > her other albums

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rihanna said:

sorry, but QOTC > her other albums

That's what alot of stans say, but I think LW is just as good if not superior. QOTC imo doesn't have the cohesiveness LW has. QOTC has chapters but it still feels like a greatest hits record to me. 

22 minutes ago, vendettaswift said:

She's the Carly Rae Jepsen of 2017. She really, REALLY deserved better. Blue Lips is a fantastic album and so was Lady Wood. The fact that albums like Culture are on Best Albums of 2017 lists while people are sleeping on Blue Lips is fucking tragic

uGH tea

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, vendettaswift said:

She's the Carly Rae Jepsen of 2017. She really, REALLY deserved better. Blue Lips is a fantastic album and so was Lady Wood. The fact that albums like Culture are on Best Albums of 2017 lists while people are sleeping on Blue Lips is fucking tragic

Even Carly debuted in the top 20 with emotion. :katycrack3:

• Upvote 1