COP is back baby! Read more... ×
The BIGGEST COmPetition we've ever done! Read more... ×

Sign in to follow this  
badgallaura

Greatest of All-Time Hot 100 Women Artists / Greatest of All-Time Hot 100 Songs by Women

https://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-hot-100-women-artists

https://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-hot-100-songs-by-women

In the lists compiled by Billboard, women's musical achievements on the Billboard Hot 100 are ranked according to their success, with the two lists compiled showcasing the 100 most successful women to dominate the chart, and also the most successful songs ever by women to run on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Madonna (Billboard's 2016 woman of the year) reigns as the all-time top-performing female artist since the Hot 100 launched in the issue dated Aug. 4, 1958. She boasts a record (among all acts) 38 top 10s, including 12 No. 1s.

Mariah Carey is the No. 2 all-time female Hot 100 artist, powered by her 18 No. 1s, the most of any soloist (as well has her 79 cumulative weeks at the summit, a record among all acts). Janet JacksonWhitney Houston and Rihanna – the lattermost of whom has earned the second-most No. 1s among solo artists, 14, despite not notching her first until 2005 – round out the top five.

LeAnn Rimes' smash "How Do I Live" is the all-time No. 1 Hot 100 hit by a female. Despite peaking at No. 2 on Dec. 13, 1997, the ballad – penned by a superstar female writer: Diane Warren – charted for 69 weeks, the most for a title by a woman. It also spent 27 weeks in the top five, a record matched only by The Chainsmokers' "Closer" (featuring Halsey) this March.

The Nos. 2 through 5 all-time top Hot 100 hits by women, respectively, are Olivia Newton-John's 10-week 1981-82 No. 1 "Physical"; Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life" (the first song, in 1977, to top the Hot 100 for 10 weeks); Carey's 14-week 2005 leader "We Belong Together"; and  Toni Braxton 's 1996-97 No. 1 "Un-Break My Heart."

The top 10 is rounded up with Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes, Endless Love by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie, Foolish Games/You Were Meant For Me by Jewel, Le Freak by Chic, and We Found Love by Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, badgallaura said:

Madonna (Billboard's 2016 woman of the year) reigns as the all-time top-performing female artist since the Hot 100 launched in the issue dated Aug. 4, 1958. She boasts a record (among all acts) 38 top 10s, including 12 No. 1s.

We love Allah :clap: 

• Upvote 2

Guest IsThatSaraS

Beyonce at 15?????? Oh well..... 15 is actually my fave number, no joke, so I'm satisfied :wendy11: